Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Hiking at Bukit Subok

Hiking was never my cup of tea. I tried it once,for the very first time, in a very unplanned situation. It was that instance when I went to jog at Tasek Lama here at BSB. Since I was a newbie, I decided to go with the flow of people and just followed a certain group. Lo and behold, I found myself hiking for the very first time in the realms of I don't know where. That time I swore myself 2 things. <1.> Going with the flow is not ALWAYS necessary. <2.> Hiking and Trekking is never like a game of climbing "little" mountains per se. The ending was I never tried hiking AGAIN. But then came along a little surprise. <Oh how I love surprises, and I thank the Lord for this one!>


It's a Sunday and it's my designated off day. My friend <Lawrence> and I settled the day before that we will go hiking. We went for a jog on a Saturday and then decided to spend the next day Hiking. I dunno if I could do it. But then out of guts and a little bit of faith, I said "Game!".


Sunday came. 16:30ish in the afternoon when Lawrence picked me up at my place. I thought at first that the trip going to Bukit Subok was quite far, but then i was wrong coz it was just near the city.


Looking at the place, it's so quiet and well, lots of trees. <who knew??! ahah> . Not that much people compared to Tasek <Actually, we were the only group hiking that time. Talk about like owning the place,ahaha>. Parking area was bad coz there were a handful of parked cars by the foot of the hill, all of which belongs to the people who lived in Kampong Ayer. <They are rich. oh yes they are.>



I was not able to count the steps all the way to the top of the hill.But let me tell you, way up was not as easy as 1,2,3. The stairs were steep and requires a handful of effort. I did a couple of pit stops and always asked "Tuktok na ba? " ("Is it the top <of the hill> already?). If going up was hard, going down is also hard. Nothing comes easy from this trip eh. Check out the pictures to see how high we were.



A pit stop on our way down the hill


Amazing view of  A PART of Kampong Ayer


That stretch of houses across the river is still part of Kampong Ayer.



Going down. Steep?? You bet!

How high we were. <literally and figuratively.hehe>

We were planning to do 2 rounds up and down the hill but then again the path going down took longer than we hoped it would be. And by the way, we dont want to be caught by darkness in the area. Myth says that there were people who were lost there. Ssshh..

That concludes our Hike for that beautiful day. I congratulate myself for making it through.Thanks to my friend Lawrence who challenged my newbie skills. Most of all, Thanks God.:)One things for sure..I will do this Hiking thing. Again. Conquering new heights!:)

Oh by the way, post hike was a cook out at my friend's place and a bountiful of good laughs. <no pictures eh.pfft.ahaha> Definitely a well spent off. ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment