Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

As I whisper.

waiting love girl





image courtesy of Google

It's seven in the evening. I just finished plating the chicken which would be part of my simple three course meal that I prepared for the two of us. I just thought of this dinner last week when we spent an evening in a local coffee shop. As I look back, I never knew in my entire existence that one day I'll be unleashing my cooking wanna be persona, all because of him.

The meal was just light. A soup and crab sticks as appetizers. Then the chicken and couscous for main course. And lastly the no-bake cheesecake that I made just last night. I set up the table in the little balcony of our pad. The view is just so-so, overlooking the parking area behind our building and the lights that somehow give the Christmas vibe, though it was not that time of the year yet. The weather was cooperating. An occasional rain shower made the air a lil bit cool. A makeshift centerpiece was placed with a floating candle and flower petals which I got from the garden of our building. Everything for me seemed perfect. This is how i hope he would see this too.

"I'm on my way now love."
"Ok. Drive safely. I'll see you in a bit."
"I love you. Keep that in mind. Ok?"
"Yes love. I do too. No texting while driving. mwah"




His workplace is just a twenty minute drive to my place. So by the time he comes, I should've prepped my self. I just wore jeans, flats and the black sheer top he gave me for my last birthday. No accessories. Just my watch and my pink lipstick.

The doorbell rang. Of course it was him. A kiss on the lips and a tight hug. Then he handed me a plastic bag. I opened it and saw three boxes of microwave-able popcorn. Caramel flavor. Our favorite.

"You look very pretty love. Very pretty for a movie date night eh." then he showed his laptop.
"Not just a movie date night. I made it extra special. Let's go."
"Surprise?"

I just gave him a smile and dragged him in the balcony. He just smiled and hugged me once more.

"This is a first. I should be the one doing this for you."
"I know. But your cooking sucks."
"But you haven't tried it yet. How come you say that??!"
"Hah! I know. Just guessing. I just had the idea first and I'm a desperate cook. Ok? Just sit there while i get the food. Ok love?"

We indulged in my simple preparation that evening. With every food serve, he gives me that goofy look.  The "Wow!" look and the "Aha!" look which only he can do. Nobody else could. He bats his eyelashes. As if being a critique in a cooking show. Nodding his head in approval. I just smiled. I was happy seeing him that way.

After the cheesecake, he reached for his iphone. He played a song and acted like a knight. He bent his knees and asked me to dance with him.

"So mushy..but I love it that way."

You're my piece of mind..in this crazy world.

You're everything I've tried to find, your love is a pearl..
You're my Mona Lisa, you're my rainbow skies
And my only prayer is that you realize
You'll always be beautiful, in my eyes.


We slow danced the whole song. This has always been his song for me. I knew this because he sang this a million times in the KTV bar when we are with our friends and during family gatherings.



"What's so special about tonight that you decided to do this for me?"
"...." I was silent. I just hugged him.
"Hey.. you ok love? Are you sick? Wait, lemme check if you have fever?"

I just punched him softly. Then I hugged him tighter.
"Fine. I love you so much. Thank you for tonight." 
He kissed me on the lips. A long sweet kiss.
Then the wind blew. It was cool. It made the moment sweetest ever in my lifetime.
"I love you too."

How sweet it is to be loved by you..


My phone rang.
I picked it up at once. My eyes hurt. I can't even read the name of the person calling on the screen.

But since it has smiley characters, I'm pretty sure that it was mom.
There are only two contacts in my phone that have those characters. Mom and my sister. My sister will not call me. She won't spend a penny for a call unless it's an emergency.


"Hey Ma, I slept in the couch while waiting. How are you?"
"That's why you were not picking up your phone. I called you like 30 times already."

"What's with the rush Ma..??"
"Something happened while he was on his way to your place. His mom called me. They are at the ER now. Can you drive your way there to the hospital?"
"......."

"Hello..Hello..Are you still there..Leah...Hello.........."



I froze. I dropped the phone.
I was wearing jeans, flats and the black sheer top he gave me for my last birthday. No accessories. Just my watch and my pink lipstick. 

It was our dinner night. The one I planned  last week when we spent an evening in a local coffee shop.
Then the wind blew. The door of the balcony was open. Somebody whispered.


Thank you for tonight. I love you. Keep that in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment