Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

#TheSW30 Day 07: Where You Are in Your Life vs. Where You Thought You Would Be

#TheSW30

 Day 07: Where You Are in Your Life vs. Where You Thought You Would Be

I'm nearing the point in my life in which they call the "quarter life crisis" sets in. Nearing the age of 25, I recall that I once envisioned my self to be still studying by this time and nearing the completion and fulfilling of my dream to become a doctor of medicine. But life has an amazing way of surprising us by letting things happen especially those which were unplanned. Here I am, 25 years old, working overseas, way different than what i envisioned it to be, but pretty blessed that I am able to help my family, getting by and growing in my faith to our Lord Almighty and single.



When it comes to my current status now, i didn't really dream of being happily married or being in a relationship in my age right now. I am loving the life i have right now and I really preferred to be it this way coz i know that i can grow to my fullest potential if i am single in the young adult stage of my existence.it's not that i despise those who have their family on an early stage, in fact, i respect and admire them. it is never an easy task to have a family at an early stage. but as for me, i'm happy that i'm single. contented that i'm helping my family, growing in my faith and learning about life more and more.

When i was in a relationship with my previous boyfriend, i recall that i wanted to settle down with him 2 years after my silver birthday. but then, things didn't turn out the way we (or I) wanted it to be. I guess it is a blessing somehow that we went our separate ways coz if not i prolly wouldn't be looking at life the way i perceive it to be right now. Indeed our Lord has a perfect plan in each of us. in whatever aspect of our life it'll be. Just Let go, and LET GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment