Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

Because the "writer's jitters" kicked in

When i stare at the blank paper..i can't help but notice that once, we were like such.

Fresh. Clean. Empty.

We were once like children, who knew nothing bout the world, how cruel it has been over the past years, completely oblivious about the existence of Rebecca Black's new single after Friday, Saturday and how many hearts have been shattered coz of natural phenomena, like a typhoon perhaps, or that thing called love.

This ain't another love related post. 



(Sigh of relief for some) 
My fingertips are just itching to type whatever it is that is in my head right now. As i look in the eyes of my niece, i suddenly felt how it meant so much to just know little about the world and care less of what the others think of you. You find simple pleasures in a teddy bear, a mere song, the chirping of the birds and the giggles you get from the feel of water in your toes. I wonder if I ever get to feel that way again. No drama. No worries. No self-inflicted-random-thoughts-struggling-in-my-head kind of moment.

I realize, that as I grow older (ouch!), more and more things pile up in my head. THoughts, problems, what if's, why's that and who's who. Some nights i just creep in my sheets and fall off to sleep, continously thinking about what happened to my day, or what's the difference with the grieving process of Walker's family and Mandela's, what will Christmas be like for those strucked by calamities, what's the difference between the longing to celebrate Christmas far from your family and those who had no more families left. I know, I know.. i think too much. But then, at  the end of the day.. you tend to think too much too right? of different topics, degrees and perplexities.

Im not making my life complex or what. Im just sharing my thoughts here. That once in a while, it'd be fun to just drift off to dreamland without all those thoughts bugging me. Like a clean slate or a child's innocence from the world perhaps. My best remedy most often is when i talk to God with all those bugging thoughts in my head when i pray. I feel somehow safe, knowing that somebody listens though I'm not really answered. As they say that prayer is our direct line to heaven. Unlimited, no hidden charges, no surcharge fees, no value added tax.

It has been a long time since i was able to write and tick the keyboard. Still, the feeling is the same once i get to free my mind and stretch these fingers. LIberating? Yes. Exactly the way i wanted it to be.

Once in a while, we need to free our thoughts. Let it fly. In this case, let it become a Note entry and post in your timeline. Not giving a care if everybody will like it or what. That's why freedom of speech was drafted anyways.

So how about u? Are there any random thoughts u might wanna share? Letting it go is free. Write it down or hit the keys. Let the "writer's jitters" kick in. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment