Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

When two hearts made a wish.

I was browsing Instagram, when i saw this picture posted by my dear friend Sarah (@dessertsb4dinner). It reminded me of the movie and how i knew about the story of balloons and making wishes. This inspired me to make a very short story about it.





When two hearts made a wish.




March 27,2013
Manila, Philippines.
31 C weather.
Summer.


It has been exactly a year today when the two of us were standing under this tree. I never knew that i would let myself indulge in this overly-dramatic moment of my lifetime. To pass by this place again. After a year.

It was an out of nowhere kind of date. He just invited me to get my favorite dirty ice cream in Avocado flavor which was just available during this time of the year. Mang Jun, the ice cream vendor, was particulary early that humid afternoon. Maybe taking advantage of the increased amount of sales of his business coz of the summer season.

So he bought two cones. And then we took a stroll around the park.
The air was light.. Not too warm nor too cool. Temperate. Bearable enough to be enjoyed.

We just talked. Bout how his day turned out yesterday. How their basketball league was cancelled and what were his plans that night. A birthday party at one of his friend's crib. In return, i enthusiatically told him how my day went and how tired i was from fixing all the papers that i needed. How i changed from LRT1 to Mrt
Just so i can make it to the embassy's office hours. I never thought i could pull it off. But i did.


Finishing off our ice cream.. We just sat there under the huge Narra tree. The shade was just perfect to hide from the heat of the Summer sun.
He looked at me and asked a question out of the blue. It was about making a wish he asked, if i could make one.. What would it be. I just answered with a shrug of my shoulders. i dunno. The spur of the moment left me no time to seriously think about it. He suggested that we should make one. Have it written on a piece of paper. Then bury it somewhere. I thought that it was a waste and suggested that we tie it to the balloons instead and let it fly.

He rushed to the balloon stand and bought one red balloon. We wrote our wishes on separate papers. Tied it and let it go. It flew away in the clear summer sky. Swiftly. Calmly.

I then said that we ought go home coz i needed to pack my stuff before i leave. But before that.. He asked me about what i wished for.. I said it was a secret. How about his wish, i asked.

He asked me to turn my back and he'll scribble it there. See if i could understand it. So i did.. And he wrote..

4 us 2 b 2geder AGAIN.

I was silent for a second or two. Then i just slapped him hard on the arms.. Joking around. As though the message was too silly and crazy.

Until now. I can recall every detail of that day. How i knew that he still loved me and how he wanted to be with me. Though i was bound to leave. I know a part of me wouldve wished the same that time. But a greater part of me decided not to. Although i miss him. But i know, what the two of us deserve.

"To be happy and start anew."


:) <3 data-blogger-escaped-br="">

No comments:

Post a Comment